Saturday, February 6, 2010

Why I LOVE to Coupon...


When I started "couponing" the main reason was to save money on groceries so that I could spend that money on things we wanted for fun. So far these initial goals have worked out great and we have saved a lot of money on groceries and more for those other things in life. One of those other things is our basement. We are in the process of finishing our basement, and I have been keeping my eye out for the perfect furniture to put in the theater/family room. First of all I love animal print, especially giraffe/zebra print. I have the Pottery Barn print very similar to the above chair in our guest bathroom. I saw a chair, almost identical to this one at Pier 1 on sale for $349. I decided that I would wait to see if it would go further on sale or if I could find a COUPON! Strolling through TJ MAXX tonight with my husband and daughter I spotted this chair. I was shocked when I saw the price tag of $149.99.  Here is the tip: ALWAYS inspect very closely! I found a small scratch on one of the wood legs.  I asked a manager if they would discount it even further. They gave me an additional 10% off. I only paid $135 for the awesome chair!

Why do you love couponing? I love hearing from fellow readers and bloggers!

Background

2 comments:

  1. I love TJ Maxx! You can find some great stuff there! Good job.

    I also coupon to spend money of fun stuff! Being a stay at home momma of 3 kiddos - there wasn't much extra for the fun stuff. This allows for a little bit extra and I just feel like couponing is my part-time "job". I am not bringing home an actual paycheck, but I am not spending as much of my hubbies - so I think it all works out the same. Plus, I just plain LOVE couponing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started couponing just before my husband was laid off just to see how it worked. I was completely hooked by the end of the first month and now especially it was been a real blessing. We don't really have a lot of extra money since unemployment is so much less but I have cut our grocery/household budget from $850 down to $400 is is pretty good since we are a family of 9. My kids love all the extra we can get that normally we wouldn't buy. Even when my husband goes back to work I will still coupon because I could never pay retail again!

    ReplyDelete

SWAG