Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Are you a Pop addict?


I am addicted to two things, Couponing (hence Couponaholic) and Pop (Popaholic). I ran out of pop and broke down. I know this isn't that great of deal but I was desperate and headed out to Walgreens...

Transaction 1:
Pepsi Products 3/$11.00
Paid $11.00, got back $3.00 RR

Transaction 2:
Purex 3-in-1 Laundry Sheets 2/$9.00 ( I wanted to try these and I have a HE front loader)
Laffy Taffy Filler Candy $0.25
-$1.00/1 Blinkie Coupon (found at Safeway)
-Buy 1, Get  1 FREE Purex Coupon 2/21 RP
-$3.00 RR from previous transaction
=$0.75 got back $1.00 RR

Another Purex Idea:
Purex Detergent BOGO Walgreens Sale
-Buy 1, Get  1 FREE Purex Coupon 2/21 RP
=2 FREE

Transaction 3:
Sunday Paper $2.00
-$1.00 RR
=$1.00

I am starting to get worried, it always makes me panic when the best deals I see on pop is $4.49 a 12 pack. I always stock up during the cheapest two times of the year, Super Bowl and 4th of July. This year, I apparently did not stock up enough! I am hoping to score some March Madness pop sales.


Background

3 comments:

  1. that is too funny! I AM a pop addict. Our Von's has the 2 liters on sale for $0.49..and I have bought ten bottles already...with plans to get MUCH more before the week is over!
    so bad...
    so bad!
    I need cans now..thanks for the scenarios!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just an FYI, I went to Walgreens on 3-2. If you are using the Walgreens BOGO sale and the BOGO coupon you have to get 3 total bottles of detergent. The all in one sheets were 2/$9 so they let me use the BOGO coupon but the bottles that are part of the BOGO sale will need 3 bottles in your purchase. It is still a great deal though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 5 of the BOGO Purex coupons that expire on Sat... looking for best deal and I'm still trying to get the hang of coupons. How do I go about using them to get the best deal?

    ReplyDelete

SWAG