Thursday, April 8, 2010

KMART Doubles...Round 2

I went again to KMART hoping to stock up on the CHEAP tampons but they were out! I spent way to much time looking around for what I got. I really think the "Double" Coupon thing is a scam because their prices are so stinkin high to begin with. I mean really, how are they in business? Everything is more expensive at KMART. I do have a pretty funny story though. I had my daughter with me (my couponing partner in crime...she really can get just about any cashier to smile, even the crankiest!) and she was eating some popcorn in the car. When I got her out she spilled a little on the ground. Almost instantly seagulls were swarming my car to get to the popcorn. REALLY? At what store are you attacked by seagulls? Obviously KMART has them scavenging their parking lot. So if you do decide to partake in the double Coupons beware of seagulls :)

Spot Shot $4.29
-$2.00/1 Coupon from sending compliment email or
-$2.00/1 Coupon from All You Magazine
-$2.00 KMART Double Coupon
=$0.29

Glade Tin Refill $3.00
-$1.50/1 Coupon from Glade Tin previously purchased
-$1.50 KMART Double Coupon
=FREE

Vicks Puffs Plus Lotion $2.09
-$1.00/1 Coupon from Vocalpoint sample
-$1.00 KMART Double Coupon
=$0.09

Flinstones Vitamins $6.19 x2
-$1.00/1 Printable Coupon x2
-$1.00 KMART Double Coupon
=$4.19 each

Huggies Wipes Travel Size $1.09 x3
-$1.00/1 Coupon from March Safeway Coupon Booklet x3
=$0.09 each

Background

7 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you that Kmart's prices are way too high! Did you happen to notice if they had any Dove Deoderant left? I don't know if I want to make the trek in or not?
    That's funny about the Seagulls. My kids always comment on those birds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joelle,
    They didn't have any Dove Deodorant left. The seagulls were Maddie's favorite part for sure, she thought it was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. KMART lost my business for awhile when the $10 off coupon ($10 off purchase of $20 or more) was not honored and the corporate office never responded to my email. Clearly they have enough business without mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anon,
    I know, their customer service is terrible! KMART is definitely not a store I would shop at regularly. I agree that whole fiasco about the $10/$20 Coupon was horrible and they made their customers feel like they were doing something wrong by using a Coupon that was on their website.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The good news is that Kmart is closer than riverfront park if you are interested in feeding seagulls. Be careful though... they will dive bomb you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL about the seagulls!! we were just talking about those too! I always seem to notice a McDonalds near Kmarts....maybe the french fries? I dunno- I only went out to Kmart once so far- Got the same spot shot, 6 things of stayfree -4 gillette body washes-and mightydog cans- I paid tax, Was it worth it? Maybe. It was hot in the store, the cashier had NO idea what she ws doing,,, She tried to double the FREE coupons for the mightydog cans...The gillette rang up wrong, We were in line for about 25 minutes. So no, it wasnt worth it :(

    ReplyDelete

SWAG