Saturday, April 3, 2010

Starbucks Bzz...


As a BZZAgent Word of Mouth Marketer, I have been asked to evaluate Starbucks Pike Place Roast Coffee. Starbucks sent me a 12oz. package of Pike Place Roast to share and evaluate as well as coupons to hand out to friends.  Please check out the end of this post to get ahold of my coupons.

First, I will tell you about the Pike Place blend and how it came to be. Pike Place Roast is named after the first Starbucks store opened in Pike Place Market, Seattle in 1971. Pike Place Roast is made with a unique blend of arabica beans and roasted for a lighter body, smoother finish and superior taste.  The key to great coffee is the choice of coffee beans.  I don't drink coffee myself, but my husband is a connoisseur and swears by this blend he calls "consistently smooth and exceptionally flavored."  
Apparently once the roast has reached its full potential in taste and smell, tasters sip close to 800 cups of coffee per day (I'm not sure how they get to sleep at night) to ensure the perfect blend.  My husband would LOVE this job!

Comment to this thread with your favorite drink/flavor at Starbucks for a chance to win 4x $1/1 Starbucks Coffee (12oz bag or larger)!  I will randomly choose a winner by Noon on Saturday (4.3.10).

Background

17 comments:

  1. Definitely Peppermint Mocha at Christmas time! Otherwise, it's the Caramel Macchiato any other time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was never a cold coffee drinker until this Christmas when I tasted the Carmel Brulee Frap! Now my favorite Starbucks has learned how to make the "imitation" just for me and my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Venti White Chocolate Mocha (cold months), Black Tea Iced Tea (hot months)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love either a decaf grande nonfat white mocha or a decaf grande skinny cinnamon dolce late... OR sometimes I'll get a chai tea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Venti Iced Sug Free Vanilla Americano or a Iced Black tea.. Dang I should have stopped there this morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live in Seattle so I am VERY familiar with Starbucks and Pike Place Roast.. If it's a cold morning I get a nonfat, light whip cream mocha. If it's a warm afternoon I get an iced caramel macchiatto. Thanks!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wait every year for Egg Nog lattes, but a normal day would be an iced Americano with vanilla and room for cream!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does a venti green tea with 2 pumps of classic work to enter for the coupons?
    Love,
    Mom :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a coffee purist and like the drip coffee. Best deal at Starbucks is the Venti Iced Coffee with cream and classic syrup iced. Tastes just as good as any latte with fewer calories and you get the whole Venti size drink for under $3. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Non-fat, sugar-free vanilla latte (with an extra shot!). Mmmmm, yummy and no guilt but lots of go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carmel macchiato - hot!!
    matttammi@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree whole-heartedly with your husband regarding this blend! As far as drinks go, I love a good Americano with a little cream any time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never drank coffee until I moved to the Portland Metro area. Now, I just love it - especially a yummy white chocolate mocha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Iced venti americano with 2 splenda and a splash of cream please! Love the Pike Place blend too.....

    ReplyDelete

SWAG