Thursday, May 13, 2010

Quick Stop at Safeway...

I almost didn't post this picture because I know you'll think I'm crazy.

Question: Do I possibly need Windex?

Answer: No...but it is more fun to roll Catalina's and hey "who doesn't love FREE Windex?" I actually did try to justify it to myself that Windex may not go on sale again until next year and I can't go without it.

Here is what I got.
Windex $1.99 (when you buy 4) x4
-$1.00/1 Coupon 5/9 SS x4
=$3.96, get back $4.00 in Catalina's
=FREE

Classico Pasta Sauce $2.00 x4
Safeway Noodles (2 boxes FREE when you buy 2 Classico Sauces)
-Buy 1 Red Pasta Sauce, get a White Pasta Sauce FREE Printable Coupon (NLA) x2
-$1.50/2 Printable Coupon (NLA) **
=$4.00 for all 8 products or $0.50 each.

My cashier was really anal and wouldn't take a $1.50/2 Classico Coupon for the 2 products I was actually buying. He also manually adjusted the Coupon down to $2.00, but the BOGO Coupons scan at $3.39 off so you could have some overage if your cashier pushes it through. I figured it wasn't worth my time to argue with him and I had Catalinas that I needed to spend anyway. You win some, you lose some.

Background

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you posted this because I was just wondering if the windex cat was still going on. I actually DO need some Windex (well, in OUR world I need Windex, not the "normal" persons world! LOL I just loaded a $1/2 e coupon today too .. . so that will make it a little sweeter! I will drop coupons off tomorrow for 5/2 and hopefully 5/9.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I look at the ecoupons closer, I guess that Windex one isn't good at Safeway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joelle,
    I think the Windex deal expires on the 16th or maybe it's the 18th, one of the two :) You are so generous, I really appreciate all the Coupons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi ladies,

    as far as I know, the catalina for the windex ends on 5/16 :)

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. how many bottles do you have to buy? and can I use a coupon for all four? and still get a catalina?

    ReplyDelete

SWAG